October 17, 2016 from 9:30 am to 4:45 pm
Are you attending our Meet the Buyer events for the M.O.D? Did you attend our Meet The Buyer event for the LCC? This One Day Workshop could help you actually get their business!
If you find selling to the Public Sector or third sector daunting, impenetrable or simply a bit of a mystery then this one day workshop will make the waters clear. The North & Western Lancashire Chamber of Commerce provides this course to improve your chances of increasing your sales in the Public and Third Sector.
Several key reforms have made it easier for small firms to bid for and win public sector contracts:
- Lengthy and painstaking pre-qualification questionnaires (PQQs) are no longer required for low-value contracts;
- Easy to Bid: Bidding processes have been simplified;
- Contracts Finder: All public sector contracts are published in one place
- Get Paid: Everyone in the supply chain has to comply with 30-day payment terms;
- Simplified Bidding: Large contracts are increasingly being split into smaller jobs to allow SMEs to bid.
One caveat, the requirement for the public and third sectors to achieve the best value criteria puts the emphasis firmly on you, the potential supplier, to prove that your organisation is the best and most appropriate partner to supply those goods or services!
Increasing emphasis on factors other than price also add pressure during the bidding process. In other words, regardless of your business size, you will need to know how to achieve supplier status with the public sector.
Delegates on this course will cover:
- Identifying Public Sector opportunities
- Online portals
- Bid preparation
- Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQs)
- Tender questions and answers
- Added Value Criteria’s
This workshop will give delegates a better understanding of the tender process and what to bid for as well as how to prepare a tender and the rules & regulations surrounding the process.