June 22, 2021 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Debt Recovery and Credit Control, trading on credit is a risk. In the post-COVID world, it’s even more important to understand your customers and take steps to minimise bad debt risk. In this practical and interactive half-day workshop, you will be able to measure your credit control process with others and against best practice, and pick up tips and tricks for overcoming excuses for non-payment.
Topics covered in the first session include:
- How money makes the world go round
- How the order-to-cash process works
- Who can make the credit control process difficult or impossible
- How to interpret credit reports
- Why trading with a customer is like a courtship process
- How to measure the effectiveness of the Credit Control function
- Scams that catch out the unwary
- The warning signs to look for
- What to do when things go wrong
In the second session, delegates can discuss their company credit control processes, learn best practice from the presenter and other delegates, review specific debtors and formulate a plan of action.
Session Two will cover:
- Review of delegate’s business processes
- How to improve the processes to improve the ability to collect cash
- What action to take on key debtors (using delegates’ own aged debtor reports)
- Establish an effective credit control cycle
As a result of attending this workshop, delegates will:
- Understand who should be involved in credit control
- How to minimise the risk of bad debts
- How to structure an effective credit control plan
Identify the key issues affecting credit control, how to avoid common mistakes, while gaining new tools and techniques to keep your company in the black – this session will pay for itself with your first collection of past-due debt!
Does the course date/time/location not work for your organisation? We’re flexible and can bring the training to your facility through in-house or bespoke courses. Contact us to book a date, time, and location that is most convenient to you.