February 11, 2020 from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Increase your confidence, skills and abilities to speak for networking, presentations, team meetings, conferences, important events or any other face to face speaking engagement with just a half-day on this Public Speaking course.
This Public Speaking Skills course provides understanding and strategies required to plan, prepare and deliver powerful public speaking engagements across a variety of face-to-face scenarios. Learn to deliver your presentation more confidently with strategies to overcome “nerves” which can get in the way. Keep people engaged and interested by saying what needs to be said in the way that best represents your true self and personality.
Upon Completing This Course, Delegates Will:
- Learn 5 ways for how to deal with nerves
- Learn 10 tools to use to speak exceptionally well
- Learn how to adapt your speaking for different contexts
- Learn 3 different ways to structure your talks
- Learn 3 different ways to deliver your talks
- Create a 12 month plan to improve your skills as a speaker
- Create a speaking practice routine
- Learn warm up exercises and how to look after your voice
- Learn how public speaking can massively benefit your business
- Learn how body language and non verbal communication can improve your public speaking
- Have the opportunity to practice speaking in a safe, supportive environment.
- Learn how to build rapport with an audience
This afternoon public speaking session with help you to develop your own personal speaking style to communicate the value of your business, department, or charity. Say what you need to say and speak in a confident manner that is consistent with your own personality!
This Course is Designed For:
Business professionals who are new and wanting to improve their public speaking: for networking, new managers and leaders and those wanting to improve their confidence and skills in public speaking to benefit their business and themselves.
This afternoon session directly follows the “Managing Difficult Conversations : Discussing What Matters Most” which runs in the morning as part of a back-to-back Communications offering by the Chamber.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided and delegates will be awarded a Chamber of Commerce Certificate of Completion at the conclusion of this session.
Chamber Training Centre
1 Lockheed Court
Amy Johnson Way
Blackpool, FY4 2RN
The Chamber will run this course three times in 2020. However, you can arrange to have this training onsite at your facility on a date and time that is most convenient to your team. Contact us to discuss a bespoke or on-site offering today.