This course provides an important overview of mental health conditions along with the essentials of how to spot common mental health conditions, so that staff can help others in the workplace whether colleagues or clients.
Delegates will also receive helpful techniques on approaching difficult conversations along with professional and personal in-depth conversations structured to offer support.
This Mental Health Awareness course is designed to:
- Increase your understanding of what mental health is
- Tackle the negative stigma of mental health and works on challenging your own perceptions
- Increase your understanding of how to spot signs of mental health conditions
- Provide information on where to get help
- Share advice on starting a conversation and encourages discussion
- Cover and allows you to practice effective questioning and listening skills
- Highlight the benefits of talking and communication
- Build your knowledge of what affects the brain and body
- Give tips on how best to balance and control it, to help you look after your own mental health and well-being
- Encourage delegates to create their own action plan that they can work on following the programme either for themselves or to implement in their workplace
Who is this Mental Health Awareness course for?
- This interactive half day programme is good for both new and experienced managers and leaders of people to equip them with more knowledge of how to help themselves or others.
- Those responsible for the well-being of staff.
- For individuals who want to learn more about their own mental health and potentially how to help others.