This half day Stress Management Skills course explores stress, its causes, and its potential psychological and physical effects in staff and colleagues. Explore personal stress levels and discover new skills to help develop proactive coping mechanisms, resilience while building life skills to support in maintaining a better life balance to optimise personal performance.
Learn the important differences between positive and negative stress with a view to optimising pressure and using it to your advantage for support in the workplace and home lives.
Each delegate will form an action plan using the strategies and tools provided so that they can make positive behavioural changes, changes to how they work or to their lifestyle so they can reduce their levels of stress and work to improve their overall wellbeing.
- Defining stress
- Signs and symptoms
- 6 Stages to managing stress
- Keeping energy
- Driving the bumpy road
- Planning guidelines
- Developing resilience
Learning Outcomes – By the end of this stress management skills course participants will be able to:
- Recognise the underlying psychological causes of stress
- Describe how they may respond to difficult situations in a way which increases their stress
- Deal more effectively with difficult situations both inside and outside of the workplace
- Develop methods to put new strategies for dealing with stress into place
Who is this Stress Management course for?
- Any organisation wishing to reduce the impact of individual and organisational stress for their employees
- Staff and Management looking to improve Mental Health within the workplace.
- New Managers tasked with greater workloads and responsibilities
- Staff looking for different ways of managing stress to support their own mental health and well-being to equip them with more life skills to improve their performance..