March 26, 2020 from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
“The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another” – William James
“We must have cake. Stress cannot exist in the presence of cake” – David Mamet
This half day Stress Management Skills course explores stress, its causes, and its potential psychological and physical effects in staff and colleagues. Explore personal stress levels and discover new skills to help develop proactive coping mechanisms, resilience while building life skills to support in maintaining a better life balance to optimise personal performance.
Learn the important differences between positive and negative stress with a view to optimising pressure and using it to your advantage for support in the workplace and home lives.
Each delegate will form an action plan using the strategies and tools provided so that they can make positive behavioural changes, changes to how they work or to their lifestyle so they can reduce their levels of stress and work to improve their overall wellbeing.
Stress Prevention and Management in the workplace is designed to:
- help the leaner understand what is positive and negative stress and its causes
- Recognise how stress can affect not only your mental but your physical health and how you would spot stress in yourself and others
- Identify your own personal triggers and responses
- Increase depth of knowledge and understanding in how to manage your own personal well-being by maintaining a healthy and balanced lifestyle
- Gain tips and strategies on how planning and getting organised can decrease stress level
- Assist in you managing your worries using mindfulness and coping strategies e.g. Relaxation and sleep techniques
- Aid in you taking control, coping with difficult situations and becoming the master of your mind
- Increase understanding of creating a healthy balance and how giving yourself time for self-care and healthy habits can significantly reduce your stress levels and triggers both in and out of the workplace
- Encourage delegates to create their own action plan that will allow them to choose methods and strategies that they can work on following the programme either for them to implement in their workplace or in their life as a whole
Who is this Stress Management course for?
- Any organisation wishing to reduce the impact of individual and organisational stress for their employees
- Staff and Management looking to improve Mental Health within the workplace.
- New Managers tasked with greater workloads and responsibilities
- Staff looking for different ways of managing stress to support their own mental health and well-being to equip them with more life skills to improve their performance.
This course is essential for managers wishing to develop their emotional intelligence or who are wanting to support their teams or workplace with an increased understanding of stress and how to reduce it if they are experiencing significant change or transformation.
This afternoon stress management skills training course directly follows the morning course “Mental Health Awareness” as part of a back-to-back Health and Wellness course offering from the Chamber. Both courses can be taken together or separately.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided and delegates will be awarded the Chamber of Commerce Certificate of Completion at the conclusion of this course.
Is the date, time, and/or location for this stress management skills course inconvenient for your team? We’re flexible and can bring this training directly to your facility through in-house or bespoke courses. Contact us today to book a date, time, and location that is most convenient for you.