May 7, 2020 from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
**Please Note: Due to the COVID-19 Virus all training for the Chamber will be carried via live ZOOM training until late May. Visit this ZOOM TUTORIAL link for a quick 3-step tutorial for accessing and using Zoom for training sessions**
This tax course for business will provide a proper grasp of tax and accounting systems for small business owners, entrepreneurs, employed people, department managers, start up businesses, sole traders and anyone either in business already or thinking about starting with a view to remaining tax compliant.
Choose the right structure for your business and know exactly how that choice impacts your record keeping, accounting systems and taxation. This tax course for business will cover the main taxes that impact on individuals and businesses and will guide you through the maze of rules and laws that are in force.
Delegates Will Learn:
- The advantages of different types of business structure and whether you should start a limited company
- How business owners can pay themselves in different business structures
- What expenses you can claim
- The basics of Pay as You Earn and National Insurance
- Why pension schemes are valuable
- When to register for VAT (if at all)
- The mechanics of VAT, including some VAT schemes designed to make VAT simpler
- How to prepare for Making Tax Digital
- The principles of Corporation Tax
- How Research & Development can turn £1 into £2.30 and reduce Corporation Tax
- How exploiting a patent can reduce Corporation Tax to 10%
- Key dates in the tax calendar
- Module 1: Business structures
- Module: Salary/dividends/Expenses, PAYE
- Module: Value Added Tax
- Module: Making Tax Digital
- Module: Corporation Tax
- Module: Where to get help
This course aims to provide the essentials of taxation from a business point of view. Despite being a Chartered Management Accountant, the presenter will explain all concepts in English and without jargon.
The course is a way to learn about the basics of business and tax in a relaxed atmosphere. No prior tax knowledge is assumed. The session will equip you with the basic tools to make informed decisions on your business so that you can plan with confidence.
Refreshments and lunch will be provided and delegates will receive a Chamber of Commerce Certificate of Completion at the conclusion of this business accounting course.
This afternoon session directly follows “Finance for Freelance Sole Traders & Startups” which runs in the morning as part of a back-to-back business administration training day. Both courses can be taken together or separately.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided and delegates will be awarded a Chamber of Commerce Certificate of Completion at the conclusion of this session.
The Chamber will run this course three times in 2020. Contact a member of our training team to see how easy and affordable it can be to bring this training directly to your facility through an in-house or bespoke course.