March 18, 2020 from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
Bring out the very best in any employee no matter their temperament or type by identifying the various personalities you are dealing with along with the common strengths and weaknesses associated with that personality type. Learn to utilise the appropriate approach necessary to engage and motivate them to work together, better whether they are a star, a steady, or a slacker!
This half day leadership and management training course includes the key principles of effective employee engagement, and provides answers for the following questions:
- How do you achieve the discretionary effort from various employees which is so vital for excellent customer service and productivity?
- What factors for each type need to be taken into account?
- Why do some programmes fail to engage various employees?
- How can you turn around apathetic or cynical employees
Practical examples will be included, together with different types of involvement strategies and reference to best practice programmes and case studies
Delegates Will Gain The Following:
- Understanding the key foundations of an effective employee engagement strategy
- How to adopt appropriate techniques for employee motivation and engagement
- Best practice programmes from a range of organisations
- Understanding that company values and culture are critical and must be backed up with complete consistency in practices, policies and behaviours every day
- Recognising the need for other HR policies to support the employee engagement programme, such as recruitment, induction, reviews and reward
- Developing the confidence to implement an effective employee engagement programme
This leadership and management training course provides all levels of Management, HR Professionals, and Personnel Managers with tools and techniques to created the greatest engagement, productivity, and value from their teams.
Refreshments will be provided and delegates will be awarded the Chamber of Commerce Certificate of Completion at the conclusion of this course.
The Chamber will run this course three times in 2020. However, we can be flexible, allow us to bring the training directly to your facility through in-house or bespoke courses. Contact us to arrange a location, date, or time that is most convenient to you!