November 22, 2016 from 9:30 am to 1:00 pm
This half day intensive and practical programme is designed to ensure that goods are imported both cost-effectively and legally. The course is suitable for all key people involved in importing, including purchasing, finance and operations departments, finance, and operations departments
This course is ideal for importers in the EU but also for exporters from other regions who want to get their products into the EU market.
Learn the key elements of Importing
- Sources of information and Legal requirements for importing
- Import Licenses and Product Classification – Tariff/Commodity Codes
- Methods of Payment & VAT
- Documentary Credits and Collections
- Delivery of the Goods and The Import Route
- Freight Forwarders
- Incoterms 2010
- Insurance and Documentation
- Import Documents – Content and Reasons
- Shipping Documents and Customs Compliance
- Paying duties and Paying VAT
- Relief Schemes – IPR, OPR
- PCC (Processing under Customs Control)
- Keeping statistical records
- SAD C88 Form and MSS (Management Support Systems) Reports
Key Learning Objectives
Factors to be considered to ensure successful importing
What is an import?– EU and NON-EU purchases
The importance of the commodity code
The methods of payment and when they would be required
Commercial benefits of Incoterms 2010
Paying duties – including calculating charges
Paying VAT – including calculating charges and reclaiming VAT
Customs Freight Simplified Procedures (CFSP)
How can importers benefit from temporary import procedures
Awareness of the benefits of preferential trade agreements
International Trade rules and procedures are complex, and one single mistake can cost thousands of pounds which can be avoided by a modest investment in training. This course is essential if you want to understand International Business and avoid costly mistakes due to incorrect information or processes not being adhered to.
This course is CPD Accredited from a registrated and course approved trainer by the CPD Service. Each delegate will get a course certificate direct from the CPD service and 10 CPD points.
This course is part of a regular program offered by Jeff Lewis, a BCC-qualified trainer with first-hand experience of international operations. The NWL Chamber, fully equips you to trade internationally with confidence and skill.