November 5, 2020 from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
This half-day finance training course is a “Beyond The Basics” session for those who either have the “Fundamentals of Finance” down already or have taken our Finance for Business Level 1: Fundamentals course. This course is designed to deliver next level financial tools and techniques with a FUN spin on business finance.
This course is best designed for:
- Managers and business leaders who have (or will in the future) responsibility for managing some costs.
- Non-financial advisors who talk to businesses about business plans and prepare justifications for funding or grants, and so need to understand the fundamentals of where the relevant information is found.
- Anyone involved in managing costs and predicting the future development of those costs
As a result of participating in this finance training course, delegates will learn:
- Which costs are fixed and which are variable
- How to calculate breakeven
- How to control different types of costs
- The principles of pricing and mark-ups
- How to prepare a budget or forecast
About the workshop
The workshop is presented by the animated, entertaining, and intellectual – Ian Ross. This finance course will be presented without jargon and without PowerPoint. Previous delegates have commented: “very clear and easy to understand”, “fun, interactive and thought-provoking”
This afternoon finance training course follows directly after the morning session “Finance Fundamentals” and is the second in the Financial Fitness programme: Finance training courses. The principles of profit and loss account, balance sheets and cash flow are covered in the Level 1 course. If you understand these already, then the Level 2 course is a good place to start!
Lunch and refreshments will be provided and delegates will be awarded the Chamber of Commerce Certificate of Completion at the conclusion of this course.
Chamber Training Centre
1 Lockheed Court
Amy Johnson Way
Blackpool, FY4 2RN
The Chamber will run this course three times in 2020. However, you can arrange to have this training onsite at your facility on a date and time that is most convenient to your team. Contact us to discuss a bespoke or on-site offering today.