July 7, 2021 from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
This assertiveness training course will show you how to seek solutions and agreements by being authentic and expressing yourself clearly whilst also respecting and taking into consideration, other people’s views and opinions.
During the session you will learn how to harmonise problems and frustrations, state your needs simply and clearly and prevent work overload, by discussing and agreeing realistic works schedules and sustain healthy and productive work relationships.
Often people mistake being assertive with being ‘pushy’ or ‘aggressive’ in the language that they use or the way they put forward their point of view. This assertiveness training course will show you techniques to communicate your message whilst remaining positive and open to others view points and concerns.
Assertiveness skills and effective communication are essential for developing strong relationships which in turn encourage people to be creative, sustain their productivity and achieve their goals in a balanced and healthy way.
Delegates Will Learn To:
- Investigate why frustrating and challenging behaviour occurs
- Explore different types of behaviour – assertive, passive and aggressive
- Gain insight and take responsibility for your behaviour
- Convey congruent and coherent messages
- State your needs simply and clearly
- Discuss and agree realistic work schedules
- Sustain healthy and productive work relationships
- Develop your listening, understanding, observing and questioning abilities
- Gain co-operation and commitment from others
- Make requests and respond constructively to requests
- Say ‘no’ and survive the day
- Develop an action plan and ways to sustain your learning