North & Western Lancashire Chamber of Commerce has developed a Low Carbon Business Support programme in partnership with East Lancashire Chamber of Commerce, BOOST and Businesswise Solutions Ltd – securing funding from the European Structural & Investment Funds via the Department for Communities and Local Government to provide services to the SME community of Lancashire to:
- Stimulate the take up of energy efficiency measures and reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Work with Lancashire technology developers who have low carbon technology products that are now “close to market” and need support to move their products to full commercialisation.
Job Title: Chamber Low Carbon Marketing Officer x 2
Reporting to: Chamber Low Carbon Programme Manager
Responsible for: Supporting the Chamber Low Carbon Team in developing project marketing material.
Promoting the project to enterprises across Lancashire
Developing and delivering project initiative including one to many promotional informative events
Salary: £ 18,000 per annum
Purpose of Role and Key Responsibilities
- Supporting the Chamber Low Carbon Team in developing project marketing material.
- Developing promotional material in partnership with delivery partners
- Developing printed marketing material with internet services/marketing department.
- Developing website content with internet services/marketing department.
- Liaise with marketing consultancy re monthly social media plan and implement to promote the project across all channels.
- Actively engage with stakeholders to promote the project to a B2B audience
- Attend networking/promotional events and be an ambassador for the project
- Measure impact V output and align strategic communications to maximise output
- Promoting the project to enterprises across Lancashire
- Working with the membership team to promote the project
- Working with the delivery partners to coordinate promotional activities
- Developing and delivering project initiative including one to many promotional informative events
- Developing content for promotional events
- Managing and delivering promotional events to potential participants
- Managing and delivering events to project participants
- Develop appropriate skills and knowledge to be able to deliver baseline environmental reviews and identify potential improvement/cost saving/ greenhouse gas reduction opportunities.
- Administration and Membership Services
- Update Chamber Track in relation to members and non-members participating in the Low Carbon Programme.
- Promote the wider Chamber offering to participants within the Chamber’s geographical operational area.
- To be an effective member of the team, with strong influencing skills, a strong customer service focus, problem solving approach and the ability to build effective relationships.
- Be flexible in accordance with the requirements of the business and carry out any other duties as required.
This post is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
- Delivery to budget / financial target
- Good telephone manner
- Good client management
- Invest in building knowledge, skills and company support capability
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Promotion and marketing skills and creativity
- Team player
- Clean driving licence and access to a motor vehicle
- Supporting business and start-ups – low carbon sector
- Interest in business and environmental issues
Hours of work
5 days per week 9am to 5pm
Based in the Chamber of Commerce one located at Red Rose Court, Accrington and the other at Fulwood, Preston
20 days holiday minimum excluding bank and public holidays