May 14, 2020 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
**Please Note: Due to the COVID-19 Virus all training for the Chamber will be carried via live ZOOM training until late May. Visit this ZOOM TUTORIAL link for a quick 3-step tutorial for accessing and using Zoom for training sessions**
Gain real world methods and guidance on how to make your words pack a punch in a format that gets ready by media editors and journalists. Get your press releases noticed and give your website descriptions the verve they need with this one-day course on How to Write Press Releases & Content for the Media.
Bring in a sample of your recent writing and get some on-day feedback to help ensure it finds the intended target. This one day How to Write a Press Release & Content for the Media course will dramatically improve your chances of successfully getting your message across to media contacts and outlets:
- Finding the right audience
- What journalists want from a press release
- Content and style
- Sharp and impactful writing
- Headline writing tips
- Press release golden rules
- Direct feedback on your own provided sample (if desired)
This interactive one-day How To Write a Press Release & Content for the Media course is open to all who want to improve their press releases and media writing skills no matter what the role in your organisation: whether a small business owner, marketing professional, manager, press/communications officer, journalists, or copywriter. Improve your writing skills and be confident in what you deliver to press contacts and outlets.
Here are a few ideas or “events” which make for great “people” or “business news” press releases that can keep your business name in front of the public or business community:
- Starting a new business
- Introducing a new product
- Celebrating an anniversary
- Announcing a restructuring of the company
- Offering an article series for publishing
- Opening up branch or satellite offices
- Receiving an award
- Receiving an appointment
- Participating in a philanthropic event
- Introducing a unique strategy/approach
- Announcing a partnership
- Changing the company or product name
- Earning recognition of the company, product or executives by a publication
- Announcing that you’re available to speak on particular subjects of interest
- Issuing a statement of position regarding a local, regional or national issue
- Announcing a public appearance on television, radio or in person
- Launching a website
- Announcing free information available
- Announcing that you’ve reached a major milestone
- Expanding or renovating the business
- Meeting some kind of unusual challenge or rising above adversit
- Announcing that an individual in your business has been named to serve in a leadership position in a community, professional or charitable organization
- Restructuring your business or its business model
- Sponsoring a workshop or seminar
- Making public statements on future business trends or conditions
Join us at the Chamber Training Centre as our media expert will provide practical approaches and a real-world guide to getting your press releases noticed. (*) This will be a practical session so bringing a laptop or tablet would be a distinct advantage. Wi-fi connection not necessary.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided and delegates will be awarded the Chamber of Commerce Certificate of Completion at the conclusion of this course.
The Chamber will run this course three times in 2020 however, we can be flexible, contact us about delivering this training on-site at your facility through in-house or bespoke courses at a date and time that is most convenient to you and your team!