Many businesses large and small have discovered the simplistic approach and effective power of WordPress. In fact, the website here at the Chamber is based and maintained in WordPress. Would you like to know how to either create your own business website or properly edit and maintain the one you have in WordPress? If so, this course is perfect for you.
With over 25% of websites on the entire internet being powered by WordPress, it is important to ensure your business has a well-built WordPress website which can then be marketed effectively with Search Engine Optimisation. On this course you’ll learn how to ask the right questions, set up, and maintain your WordPress site while avoiding a few common pitfalls.
WordPress Fundamentals for Business is a full day course designed for business owners, directors and marketing managers who need to understand how to add, edit, and update WordPress websites for their organisation. Understand how to use WordPress in ways that truly work in 2017.
This intensive and valuable session on WordPress will cover;
- Introduction to WordPress, what it is, where it came from and where it is going
- Overview of the anatomy of a WordPress website including Themes, Plugins, Headers, Sidebars, Footers and Widgets
- Responsive Website Design, designing your website to work seamlessly on mobiles, tablets, laptops and computers.
- Overview of the WordPress dashboard, getting to know your way around
- Understanding WordPress terminology including Posts, Pages, Permalinks and more
- Publishing your first blog post or page in seconds
- Adding Menus to your WordPress website
- Overview of how to style your website professionally using Themes
- Overview of how to enhance your website with Plugins
- How the WordPress Core files are structured and what this means for enhancing your WordPress website
- How WordPress Themes are put together and what this means for customising the look and feel of your WordPress website
- What you can do with WordPress Plugins, where to source quality WordPress Plugins and how to extend Plugins safely
- How to manage WordPress Core, Themes and Plugin updates safely without losing any of your customisations
- How to manage your WordPress backups and the core layers of backups needed to stay safe
- How to secure your WordPress website to minimise the risk of a cyberattack
This training will also include some tips, tricks, and techniques for positioning your WordPress business website higher in Google searches when your prospective clients are looking for products and services.
With this course you will be fully equipped to start, maintain, and optimise your company website to take full advantage of the exponentially-growing number of product and service searches via Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
About The Trainer:
Our Chamber-qualified trainer for this course is Michael Cropper, Managing Director at Contrado Digital. Michael has worked with many well-known multi-national brands creating and implementing successful digital strategies.
This course begins at 9:30am and runs until appx 4:30pm. The price of this course includes lunch and refreshments.
Does the location/date/time of this course not work for your organisation? We’re flexible, contact us about bringing the training to your facility through in-house or bespoke courses at a date and time that is most convenient to you!