This course is designed to raise awareness and impart knowledge of what constitutes temporary works, how they are used, their safety-critical importance, common temporary works issues and the management of the temporary work process.
The interactive sessions throughout the course will ensure clarity for all levels of attendees. Please note, attendance does not confer competencies Temporary Works Coordinator or Supervisor but does contribute towards your CPD and provides a good foundation to progress in temporary works roles.
- Overview of Temporary works –why they are important and safety, legal and business requirements.
- Key concerns and continuing issues: BS5975 overview and other relevant codes of practice. Roles, responsibilities, training and competencies.
- When temporary works need to be designed and competence of those designers.
- Temporary works identification and risk awareness.
- Specific examples of the use and management of temporary works relating to the target audience. Update on latest industry guidance and sources
of further information.
This is an interactive course that is often taught using the clients existing procedures and templates to help prepare and familiarise the delegates for real-life situations.
Who Is This Course Designed For:
The course assumes limited or no detailed previous knowledge of temporary works (TW) and is suitable for those new to TW design and TW practices in general. It is also useful as a refresher course.
Learners use the diagnostic tool, accessed via a mobile app, to review their current health and safety performance against a list of set standards. They are then guided by the tool to make improvements to their health and safety performance. They are required to make a personal commitment to improving their own and the organisations ‘health and safety performance.
About the Course:
Duration: Full day
Refresher training is recommended every 3 years
What Do I Do Next?
If you would like a course exclusively run for your employees at your business premises, we would be happy to arrange this for you. Prices for a closed course are available on application.
Little ‘down time’ –the programme can be delivered
flexibly so that it suits your business
Efficient and effective learning