February 5, 2021 from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
Ensure that your team knows the rules which govern international trade origin and ensure that your goods are not detained nor delayed at Customs borders due to incorrect declaration of origin.
Demystify the complex Preference Rules of Origin and gain an essential understanding of applicable import duties on the countries where your imported products are made, which can benefit both importer and exporter alike.
Delegates on This Course Will:
- Have an understanding of the difference between Preference and Non-Preference Origin.
- Learn the different types of Origin.
- Learn what is meant by Non Preference, Preference and Free Circulation.
- Have an understanding of the rules determining preference rules of origin.
- Learn why a Certificate of Origin is needed.
- Understand why “The Tariff” is so important.
- Recognise what is special about the agreement with Turkey.
- Learn the percentage rule and how to apply it.
- Understand the percentage rule
- Understand the Transformation Rule
Rules of Origin training course will provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the rules which govern origin thereby ensuring that your goods are not detained nor delayed at Customs borders due to incorrect declaration of origin and is beneficial to any personnel preparing export or import documentation, dealing with customer queries, gathering of origin evidence etc.
Other international trade organisations are currently offering this identical Rules of Origin training course for £250 to £400 per delegate – our price to members is Normally £99 and to non-members £149. Free, funded places available (limited time)
NWLCC are running program’s that aim to reach and engage with the business community of Lancashire to ensure those affected by issues such as cross border trade, take advantage of the support offered to ensure a smooth transition process. As part of this initiative, we will be offering a number of free places on training course between January and March.
The funding is from the Government through BEIS – Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy and BOOST the Lancashire Growth hub.
Places are limited, so book early to be allocated a free funded place
About the BCC Foundation Award:
The BCC (British Chambers of Commerce) has identified a curriculum of level 2 (NVQ terminology) courses which form the basis of a starting point for company employees to effectively support their employer’s importing/exporting practices. The courses are the initial and central component of the new British Chambers National Trade Training curriculum which will be accredited by BCC and delivered by the Accredited Chambers and their professional registered Trainers across the UK.
Each BCC accredited course includes the quality, assessment and training processes developed over a number of years, which underpins the delivery of the BCC national Export Documentation service
- Qualifying Courses Count for 1 Credit and Include:
- Introduction To Exporting
- Exporting Documentation
- Customs Procedures & Documentation
- Importing Procedures
- How to Use Agents & Distributors
- Preference Rules of Origin
- Methods of Payment (TBC)
- Documentary Letters of Credit (TBC)