April 25, 2016 from 9:30 am to 1:00 pm
Some staff display behaviour which is extremely challenging and can lead to serious problems between colleagues, as well as within teams. This has a negative impact on morale, efficiency and profitability; therefore such behaviour needs to be addressed effectively.
This workshop gives delegates an understanding of why people engage in extremely challenging behaviour and, crucially, delegates will learn how to deal with it.
Delegates will return to their organisation confident in their ability to:
- Understand the range of negative consequences of staff-challenging behaviour.
- Identify challenging behaviour before it escalates.
- Identify maladaptive personality types, as well as how they experience and respond to the work environment.
- Implement strategies to deal with such behaviour.
- Support colleagues of staff with challenging behaviour, so they continue to be motivated and effective.
- Address team unrest in such situations.
This workshop will benefit anyone who works in HR or manages people, and who is keen on addressing staff-challenging behaviour so it has a limited negative impact.