February 3, 2022 from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
Find lower-priced suppliers around the world who can offer a wide variety of goods that benefit your business, give you a competitive edge, or allow you to sell a completely different product. This importing training course will give you the knowledge to understand Importing essentials from the ground up, enabling you to find good suppliers, make sure they offer what you want and negotiate the right deal.
This half day intensive and practical importing training session will enable you to ensure that goods are imported both cost-effectively and legally and is suitable for all key people involved in importing, including purchasing, finance, and operations departments
Learning Outcomes – Delegates Will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of import documentation and procedures
- Produce the appropriate instruction sheet required to expedite the import.
- Describe import clearance documents.
- List record keeping requirements to comply with customs regulations.
- Identify where to go for sources of international information and assistance.
- Describe HMRC import regimes and penalties.
- Describe tariffs and duty rates.
- Comply with customs procedures.
- Describe import clearance procedures and customs regimes as appropriate including temporary imports, IPR, OPR, bonded warehousing etc.
- Learn the key elements of Importing
- Sources of information and Legal requirements for importing
- Import Licenses and Product Classification – Tariff/Commodity Codes
- Methods of Payment & VAT
- Documentary Credits and Collections
- Delivery of the Goods and The Import Route
- Freight Forwarders
- Incoterms 2010
- Insurance and Documentation
- Import Documents – Content and Reasons
- Shipping Documents and Customs Compliance
- Paying duties and Paying VAT
- Relief Schemes – IPR, OPR
- PCC (Processing under Customs Control)
- Keeping statistical records
- SAD C88 Form and MSS (Management Support Systems) Reports
This half-day importing training course will consider the basic procedures, terminology and documentation involved in importing. It will give an overview of the entire importing process including supplier selection, evaluation of risks, supply chain, terms of delivery, methods of payment, selection of clearing agent, duty and excise and the role of UK customs.
Who Should Book This Course:
This importing course is ideal for all organisations looking to buy supplies and/or products from overseas markets to resell or manufacture here in the UK and is especially beneficial to new importers or importers looking for essential training in import procedures. Applicable departments which can benefit might be:
- Customer Services
- Accounts and Finance
- Import Administration
- Production Planning
- Technical Support
- Quality and Standards
This morning course precedes the “Incoterms Essentials” training course which follows in the afternoon as part of a back-to-back International Trade offering. This course counts as 1 credit toward the 6-credit BCC Foundational Award in International Trade (see information below).
Other international trade organisations are currently offering this importing course (same trainer) for £259 to £399 per delegate – our price to members is £99 and to non-members £149. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Does the course date/time/location not work for your organisation? We’re flexible and can bring the training to your facility through in-house or bespoke courses. Contact us to book a date, time, and location that is most convenient to you.
About the BCC Foundation Award:
The BCC (British Chambers of Commerce) has identified a curriculum of level 2 (NVQ terminology) courses which form the basis of a starting point for company employees to effectively support their employer’s importing/exporting practices. The courses are the initial and central component of the new British Chambers National Trade Training curriculum which will be accredited by BCC and delivered by the Accredited Chambers and their professional registered Trainers across the UK.
Each BCC accredited course includes the quality, assessment and training processes developed over a number of years, which underpins the delivery of the BCC national Export Documentation service
- Qualifying Courses Count for 1 Credit and Include:
- Introduction To Exporting
- Exporting Documentation
- Customs Procedures & Documentation
- Importing Procedures
- How to Use Agents & Distributors
- Preference Rules of Origin
- Methods of Payment (TBC)
- Documentary Letters of Credit (TBC)