October 7, 2021 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Please Note: This course requires a basic knowledge of Windows and a PC laptop/ mouse with Excel 2016 or newer installed and activated – we do have a few laptops that can be hired for use during the course but should be arranged in advance.
Excel Level 2 delegates will go “Beyond The Basics” to learn about formula syntax, creating charts, formatting tables, and using new functions and features that are beyond the absolute beginner level and well into higher productivity levels overall!
The aim of this course is to build on the knowledge gained through the use of Excel (self-taught users) or users who have completed the Introduction Course Excel Level 1: The Fundamentals
To avoid booking a course that is either too hard or too easy, too fast or too slow, we ask that you take a quick 24-question multiple choice assessment of your current level of Excel knowledge to ensure that all delegates are on the right course and moving at the same pace:
Delegates will be taken from the introductory basics to making more of the productive and effective features of Excel. Managing data and processing department information will ascend to a whole new level.
Delegates will come away with:
- Review of Excel fundamentals
- Working with Worksheets
- Using Formulas in Excel
- Use the Excel ‘Functions’ (SUM, MIN MAX, AVERAGE, COUNT, COUNTA)
- Understanding formula syntax
- Understanding and using ‘arguments’ in functions
- Using brackets in formulas
- Correcting errors in Formulas
- Relative and Absolute Cell References
- Using Auto-sum and Auto-calculate
- Creating effective Data Lists (Tables)
- Formatting Tables and ranges
- Format painter
- Sorting of data tables
- Printing options – set print area
- Introduction to Charts