January 14, 2021 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
****The Chamber runs this course three times per year in 2020 and 2021. See our website for additional dates*********
Is your business optimised for Brexit?
Are you a customs agent? Or does your company use customs agents and intermediaries to help you trade with the EU?
If so, you need to know how to meet customs requirements fast and efficiently after the UK leaves the EU. There will be new processes to follow and new forms to complete.
North & Western Lancashire Chamber of Commerce is launching new Customs Declarations Training designed to prepare businesses and trade professionals for the future of trade.
The way we trade with the EU is about to change, introducing the need for forms and processes not previously required. Up-skilled people are the key to continued trading success once the UK leaves the EU.
The Customs Declarations Training programme delivers classroom courses, and e-learning material.
Made possible through the HM Treasury and HMRC’s investment in training provision in this area, the training is aimed at increasing capacity of the sector in the lead up to the UK exiting the EU in 2019. HMRC is encouraging readiness, stating that “Businesses should now begin to look at the guidance for importing and exporting outside of the EU to familiarise themselves with the key processes.”
We can help.
Course pre-requisites: there are no pre-requisites for this course.
Course content is based on the following topics:
- Introduction to Trade
- Business Responsibilities
- Export process
- Import process
- Valuation – explanation of the main methods and their application
- Classification – determining the use of commodity codes
- Using Customs Procedure Codes – use of appropriate CPCs
- Export and import controls
- Customs simplified procedures – explanation of procedures and benefits
- Demonstrate the gathering of information to complete a customs declaration using various example scenarios, covering both export and import, enabling learners to feel confident in their approach to their own declarations
- Explore a number of typical problems and common errors when completing declarations, increasing their ability to apply best practice
- Improve confidence and provide reassurance through an opportunity to bring specific questions or issues to the attention of the trainer
Assessment: no formal exam will be taken however delegates will get to complete simulated forms to ensure they can complete simple customs declarations correctly.
**PLEASE NOTE – This course will be presented at our Preston office
There is maximum of 10 delegate spots. Book now to avoid disappointment by emailing email@example.com or by telephone 01772 706589.
This course can be delivered at your facility directly to your staff by way of in-house or bespoke on-site training. Contact a member of our team to set up a time, date, and location that is most convenient to you!