September 11, 2020 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Become “AEO Ready” through information gained on this AEO certification course. Whether an importers or an exporter, AEO status will result in a streamlined customs process: faster customs and minimal delays due to repetitive searching, checking, verifying etc. This course will help organisations to maintain competitiveness in international trade by understanding and preparing for becoming Authorised Economic Operators.
Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) status is more relevant than ever to International Trade business, but how does it work? Who can apply? How do we get the most out of AEO status? These questions and more will be answered on this one-day AEO certification training course.
Upon completing this course, delegates will be able to:
1. Understand the AEO programme
- The background to AEO – why we have it
- The legal background to AEO
- What criteria is required to be met to achieve the status
- The benefits of being an AEO
- Mutual recognition
- Is AEO right for me
2. Understand the types of AEO status available
- What does AEOC cover
- What does AEOS cover
- What are the requirements for each type
- How compliance and other criteria can be demonstrated
3. Understand the application process
- Who can apply
- How to prepare for applying
- Security and Safety
- What forms need to be completed
- Who is involved within the business
- How long will it take
4. Maintain the AEO status
- Ensuring continuity
- Dealing with errors and irregularities
- Dealing with customs audits
- Maintaining high standards
This AEO certification course is designed for company heads, shipping managers, chief employees, Freight Forwarders, and Customs Agents whether importers or exporters, who either have no knowledge of AEO status or just a basic understanding. If your organisation is considering applying for AEO status you will learn the benefits of being an AEO Approved company.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided and delegates will be awarded the Chamber of Commerce Certificate of Completion at the conclusion of this course.
The Chamber will run this course three times in 2020. However, you can arrange to have this training onsite at your facility on a date and time that is most convenient to your team. Contact us to discuss a bespoke or on-site offering today.