HR FORUM : Equality & Diversity for HR
February 7, 8:30 am - 11:00 am
This HR Forum for Equality & Diversity will explore and help you to promote inclusiveness within a Modern Organisation, attracting, retaining and promoting talent from all elements of society. Equality and Diversity is designed to ensure that the culture is one in which people can thrive regardless of ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation and the approach reflects the importance to business places on this issue, valuing everyone in the organisation as an individual.
Reap the benefits of a diverse workforce and maintain an inclusive environment where everyone can achieve their full potential. Discover strategies that go beyond legal compliance, and which will add value to your organisation and improve your employee well-being and engagement in a single HR session.
Topics we will cover:
- An understanding of diversity and the value of inclusive leadership
- The legal, moral, business and operational effectiveness case for diversity
- How to use inclusion effectively, enable you to manage a diverse workforce
- The Equality Act 2010 and the protected characteristics of gender, race, religion or belief,sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, age and disability
- Your Company’s values and standards and what constitutes appropriate behaviour.
- How to deal with inappropriate behaviour, including methods of low-level resolution and the formal complaint process, with in your company
- Does your company have or need mandated annual E&D training?
- Agencies available to support with diversity management – including employee support networks, Helplines
One of our Guest Speakers Preston College has a passion to make their learners the most employable, equipping them with the skills and experience needed for adulthood. In the UK 6% of people with a disability or learning difficulty are employed. Preston’s College will be sharing their experience to support employers and industry sectors to develop a richly diverse workforce.
Key discussion points include:
- Employing people with disabilities,
- Access to work,
- Supported Internship,
- Job Centre trials
This working breakfast will feature HR, and Legal expertise to lead the discussion in for Human Resource application. A Question and Answer panel will follow the micro-training sessions along with one-to-ones for interaction with other HR professionals and Managers.
This forum and network is open to HR professionals, business owners, managers or anyone with a responsibility for any aspect of human resources within an organisation.
Refreshments and light breakfast nibbles will be provided along with the perfect atmosphere for networking opportunities and one-to-one discussions before and after the presentations.
- 8:15-8:30 – Registration and Check-in
- 8:30-8:50 – Breakfast HR Professionals Networking
- 8:50-9:00 – Introductions and Overview
- 9:05-9:25 – Preston College,
- Kat Fawcett, Assistant Head of Learner Support
- Vivien Caparros, Head of Skills Development, ESOL & Community Learning
- 9:25-9:45 – Caroline Reyner, Baines Wilson Solicitors
- 9:50-10:00 – Refreshment Break
- 10:00-10:20 – Alan Gillies, AGC Learning
- 10:25-10:45 – Q&A Panel
- 10:45-11:00 – Networking, one-to-one meetings
Remain up to date on the latest developments regarding HR Equality and Diversity in the workplace for Business Owners, Managers, Human Resource, and personnel departments while connecting with other Professionals with similar responsibilities and challenges, through micro training, forum discussion, and connection to other HR Professionals.
Price: (Includes a light breakfast and refreshments)
Members: £20+ vat
Affiliate members: £25 + vat
Non-members: £30 + vat
For more information and to book contact the Chamber Training on 01253 347063 or email Daynorh@lancschamber.co.uk