Coronavirus (COVID-19): safer transport guidance for operators – This guide will help businesses, agencies and others understand how to provide safer workplaces and services for themselves, their workers and passengers across all modes of private and public transport. It outlines measures to assess and address the risks of coronavirus in the transport sector across England.
Guidance for passengers on how to travel safely – This guidance provides advice on how passengers should make journeys safely. The advice sets out that if people who cannot work from home and have to travel for work, they should first consider alternatives to public transport. Those driving their own cars have been asked to avoid busy areas. For those who have to use public transport, the guidance recommends:
• Keeping 2 metres apart wherever possible;
• Wearing a face covering if you can;
• Using contactless payment where possible;
• Avoiding rush hour travel where feasible;
• Washing or sanitising your hands as soon as possible before and after travel;
• Following advice from staff and being considerate to others.
All the latest guidance for people using transport or working in the transport sector during the coronavirus outbreak can be found here.