Young Chamber membership allows schools and colleges to benefit from the Chamber’s connections with both local and national companies. We aim to bridge the gap between the world of education and the world of work, by providing you with access to businesses.
Becoming a member of the North & Western Lancashire Chamber of Commerce’s Young Chamber will give your students an insight into the world of work by hearing from businesses directly, to develop the crucial employability and soft skills which employer’s value.
The Chamber can also help schools develop the skills and knowledge of your senior leadership team, teachers and governors, providing opportunities to meet and learn from local businesses as well as gaining an understanding of the local labour market.
The key benefits for Young Chamber membership will be tailored to your school’s current career provision to assist with the delivery of the Gatsby Benchmarks, and could include:
- Business talks from local employer.
- Business workshops with local businesses
- Mock interviews sessions for students.
- Visits to local businesses
- Careers Fair
- Curriculum based careers talks e.g. How could I use Maths in my career
- Access to local business intelligence
- Support recruiting Business Governors.
We offer a bespoke service that links your school to employers providing engaging face-to-face careers activities. We provide a range of activities tailored to your students which will offer an insight to the breadth of industries in the area, enhance employability skills and help to address any gaps within your careers provision.
Why Choose Young Chamber?
- Self-Financed – Not reliant on government grants that have a limited time period or subject to political instability.
- Access to over 1500 business member with breadth of business type, size and sector
- Business based organisation – Understand needs of employers so have effective partnership with positive response to request for support.
- National Network of Chambers – Able to provide local and national support
- Value for Money – Current members highlight the quality of the support they receive agreeing that it would be difficult and costly to deliver the same level of activity – evidenced by 90% renewal rate.
To find out more about Young Chamber for your school or college, please contact Fiona Langan on 01772 653000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
ANY BUSINESSES WILLING TO SUPPORT THE YOUNG CHAMBER?
Help to inspire and prepare young people for the world of work
Working with us not only gives you the chance to help local students grow in confidence and gain essential skills for work. You’ll also find that the experience has positive effects on your employees and business.
- Help prepare young people for working life
- Ability to identify future employees
- CSR opportunity in your local community
- Staff development – Presentation, Leadership & Communication skills
- Raised profile of your business locally
- Improve your knowledge of the changes in Education
For further information of how you can get involved contact email@example.com or call 01772 653000