If you’re eligible for the scheme, there are things that you can do now to be ready for when the system is live on Monday 20 April. You’ll need to provide the following to make a claim:
• The bank account number and sort code for when the claim is paid.
• The name and phone number of the person in your business who will respond to any questions.
• The Self-Assessment UTR (Unique Tax Reference), Company UTR or CRN (Company Registration Number).
• The name, employee number and National Insurance number for furloughed employees.
• The total amount being claimed for all employees and the total furlough period.
Companies that use an agent for PAYE purposes will be able to use them to make a claim on the firm’s behalf, so please speak to them now.
However, file-only agents (files RTI return but doesn’t act for the firm in other matters), won’t be able to make a claim for the business and the business will need the information listed above from them to make the claim.