Managing Agents and Distributors Free ERDF Workshop
September 25, 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Expanding into foreign markets can be a difficult and daunting task and to do so it is often the case that trusted business partners are required, whether they be in the form of commercial agents or distributors. It is important that good business relationships are established with agents and distributors and to implement adequate agreements to ensure that your business is covered.
Where your business deals directly with the customer in the foreign territory, we’ll also take a look into what sorts of agreements you would want in place to cover those direct relationships.
This session, part funded by the European Regional Development Fund Enhancing SME’s International Trade Performance project will focus on matters including
- Differences between commercial agents and distributors
- Common pitfalls when dealing with commercial agents and distributors;
- How agency and distribution agreements may be terminated;
- Safest ways to sell / buy direct from third parties in foreign jurisdictions;
- Consequences of not having legal agreements in place.
Following the session, there will be an opportunity to have a one to one conversation with the expert and time for general questions.
Who Should Attend?
All “customer facing” staff that work with or are seeking to appoint agents and distributors for the development of their international sales