- This event has passed.
HR FORUM: Employment Law – Handling Terminations
14th July 2017, 8:30 am - 11:00 am
When it comes to terminating employees, the HR department can help shape the process, guide the conversation and minimise potential damage to both company and employee. This HR Forum will provide information regarding the checks and balances, appropriate procedures, and legal guidelines needed to accomplish exactly that.
We will feature employment law and CIPD trainer, John Huckstepp of A Blank Canvas, legal expert Roger Spence from Harrison Drury, and Michele Piertney from ACAS to offer practical best-practice methods for handling terminations within the realm of Employment Law. We will also have a panel at the end of the speaking sessions for Q&A along with time for one-to-ones and networking for interaction with other HR professionals and Managers.
The HR forum is open to HR professionals, business owners, managers or anyone with a responsibility for any aspect of HR in your organisation. A light breakfast and refreshments will be provided upon arrival along with networking opportunities before and after the presentations.
- 8:30-9:00 – HR Professionals Networking and Breakfast
- 9:00-9:15 – John Huckstepp, A Blank Canvas
- Circumstances leading up to dismissal
- Alternatives to dismissal
- Capturing the evidence
- Common pitfalls.
- 9:15-9:35 – Roger Spence, Harrison Drury
- How can Employees be dismissed lawfully?
- Negotiating an agreed termination
- Practical tips to reduce risk
- 9:35-9:50 – Michele Piertney, ACAS
- Settlement Agreements and the Acas Early Conciliation process.
- Managing other members of staff and what to say to them.
- An Anecdote of Near-Disaster
- 9:50-10:00 – Refreshment Break
- 10:00-10:20 – Q and A with Panel: John, Roger, & Michele
- 10:20-11:00 – Networking, one-to-one meetings
Our HR Forum and Networks provide valuable information about the ever-changing HR legislation and policies of best practice and what that means to you in practical terms. Remain up to date on the latest HR issues while connecting with other Managers, Business Owners, and HR Professionals.
1-2 Lockheed Court
Amy Johnson Way
Price: (Includes a light breakfast and refreshments)
Members: £15+ vat
Affiliate members: £22 + vat
Non-members: £30 + vat
To reserve your place, call 01253 347063
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org