Home > Events > Get Informed: Introduction to CyberSecurity
Get Informed: Introduction to CyberSecurity
This event has passed.
The North & Western Lancashire Chamber of Commerce is teaming up with the
North West Cyber Resilience Centre to explore how they work with businesses in the region to become cyber resilient.
Lead by MJ, Cyber Security Consultant at the Cyber Resilience Centre. MJ will
explain the simple measures you and your business can take to ensure you are
protected against the most common threats.
He will also discuss the latest crime trends that police forces are seeing across the
North West. Whilst also explaining more about who the Cyber Resilience Centre are
and the services they can offer your business.
This will include;
● What is Cyber Security? Why is it important?
● How to spot sophisticated phishing emails (and texts).
● Examples of the latest phishing scams with Banks, NHS, HMRC & more.
● What to do if you receive a phishing email?
● What your business should do if it thinks it has been scammed.
We’re hosting this event on Zoom, with a live chat option. All attendees will have the
opportunity to talk through any questions they have around cybersecurity, so come