- This event has passed.
GDPR Is Coming: Are You Ready?
22nd September 2017, 8:30 am - 11:00 am
*** Please Note: This session is fully booked please contact us for the next GDPR session***
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a reality for all Lancashire organisations across all sectors and sizes and Brexit won’t stop it. Rules on collecting and using information on customers and staff will get tighter especially around marketing. If these rules are overlooked, organisations run the risk of significant fines of up to €20m or 4% of group global turnover.
The introduction of this legislation will require preparedness on the part of Business owners, Directors, and Managers along with staff awareness at all levels to handle personal data properly.
To help our members and the entire Lancashire business community, the North & Western Lancashire Chamber of Commerce and Forbes Solicitors are partnering to present a Masterclass which will ensure that the new regulations will not take us by surprise.
This Masterclass will provide a high-level view of the following:
- GDPR and ePrivacy Regulation – key obligations
- Processing information fairly, lawfully and in a transparent manner (including consideration of consent based processing)
- Complying with the accountability principle
- Enhanced data subject rights: subject access, rectification, erasure (right to be forgotten), right to restrict processing, right to data portability, right to object
- Obligations of processors and processing agreement requirements
- Security obligations in relation to processing of personal data
- Privacy by design and default and privacy impact assessments
- The role of a DPO (if applicable)
- Mandatory reporting procedures
- Processing data within the EEA and beyond (e.g. through adequacy decisions and binding corporate rules)
- Working with the lead supervisory authority (which, where, why)
Given the complexity of the new regulation, this 3 hour session will provide an overview of the above concepts along with time to answer questions from attendees.
The GDPR will take effect from 25 May 2018. Are you ready?
The NW Lancashire Chamber of Commerce is proud to partner with Forbes Solicitors who will generously provide breakfast and their dedicated facility in Preston for this GDPR Breakfast Seminar and Masterclass.
Although this workshop is provided as a service to our members, all organisations are welcome to attend!
- Members: FREE (FULLY BOOKED)
- Affiliates: £10 (Or FREE as one of two taster events) (FULLY BOOKED)
- Non-Members: £20 (Or FREE as one of two taster events) (FULLY BOOKED)
Reserve your place at our next GDPR event by contacting a member of the Chamber Training team: firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone 01253 347063