The legal and compliance implications arising from Brexit are huge across all sectors of the UK economy, from manufacturing to logistics, from sports to recruitment.
Free movement of EU nationals ended on 31 December 2020 when the Brexit transition period came to an end. This means EU nationals no longer have the automatic right to live and work in the UK; instead, they will need to have permission to do so, typically by holding Settled or Pre-Settled status or by obtaining a visa that gives them these rights.
At the same time, the UK Government has overhauled the visa regime and these new requirements now apply to all non-UK nationals (both EU and non-EU nationals) who want to come and work in the UK
Businesses need to take immediate steps to understand and apply the new rules or risk severe penalties for non-compliance.
In this webinar, our expert speakers from the Brabners Business Immigration team will look at:
• The changes which came into effect on 1 January 2021
• How these changes impact your existing EU national employees
• What the changes mean for recruiting new staff, particularly European nationals
• How the new rules impact on business travel to the UK
• Whether your business needs to obtain a sponsor licence
• The requirements of the new work permit route
• The additional compliance obligations your business will face post-Brexit
• The penalties for getting things wrong
• Practical steps you should be taking in light of these changes.
We welcome questions in advance of the session, so please submit any questions when you.
register or alternatively you will have the opportunity to raise them at the end of the presentation.