• Be prepared in advance with the required information:
• Access the service via the online portal.
• Complete the application in one session – there are no ‘do overs’.
• Please note that inactivity on the application for 15 minutes logs you off.
• Take a screenshot of the confirmation page for your records as there will be no email confirmation.
• Retain all records and calculations for your reference.
On the 20 April, the Government launched the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme at 8am. By midnight they had received:
• 185,000 claims
• Covering 1,300,000 employees
• At a value of £1,500,000,000
For employers to get their payments by 30 April they need to make a claim by midnight today (Wednesday 22 April) as it takes 6 working days to process claims. Further guidance is available and there is an easy to use, step-by-step guide that takes you through the process.
Employers can apply here