June 28, 2018 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
“Telling Ain’t Training” (Stolovitch & Keeps 2011)
If you can learn subject matter, this course will show you how to train the team members of your organisation in that subject matter.
This one day programme is crammed with learning and chock full of tips, tricks and resources in order to give trainers and aspiring trainers the confidence to own, design and deliver their learning events.
Using an engaging and interactive method, the day demonstrates the pitfalls and the practicalities of delivering effective learning. All of the major elements of course design and delivery are explored.
Using the course and delegates themselves as a test bed for the techniques used, this is true experiential learning!
This highly interactive session explores how people learn and what stops people from learning as a background to creating a real positive learning environment for our learners.
Starting from the identification of training needs through the development of learning objectives to the design and delivery of a programme, this course covers the essential skills needed to be an effective trainer.
By the end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Describe how the process of learning occurs, the effect of learning styles and blocks and impediments to learning
- Write clear learning objectives to reflect organisational and training needs
- Design programme content to deliver learner engagement
- Identify the correct content and use of presentation materials and methods of delivery
- Develop and use interactive tasks and exercises to deliver accelerated learning
- Devise appropriate evaluation methods using the Kirkpatrick
- Learn tips, tricks and lessons in teaching, training and facilitation
Delegates will receive a comprehensive workbook with examples, templates and learning theories.
If you like this course but the date, time, or location do not work for you, we’re flexible. Contact us to bring this training directly to your facility at a time and date that is most convenient to you through in-house or bespoke training: 01253 347063 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org