April 2, 2019 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
If you employ more than 5 people, the law requires you to have a documented system for managing safety that reflects your business.
This practical session will provide business owners and managers with the knowledge they need to fulfill their statutory duties and satisfy the requirements of supplier accreditation processes. It will help delegates to understand significant and foreseeable risks, absolute and reasonably practicable duties, and provide a solution that meets the need of their business(s).
The course uses a wide range of case studies and examples to demonstrate expected standards, and practical exercises to assess your own compliance level. It can also help you to reduce current and future levels of sickness absence and lost time to accidents. Finally, it will help you to understand your personal risk. Delegates will leave with a personal and tailored approach to safety which will be unique to them and their organisation.
Key Learning Objectives
- Know the consequences of failing to manage health and safety correctly
- Understand the significant hazards and risks associated with your business and the actions to control them
- Understand the principles of occupational safety and health management systems, in the context of plan, do check, and act
- Recognise the importance of integrating health and safety objectives with other business objectives in order to minimise overall risk
- Understand the health and safety roles and responsibilities of senior executives.
About The Trainer:
Chamber HR expert, John Huckstepp, is an author, IOSH fellow, and lecturer to the House of Commons for issues of workplace safety. Spend a day with John and protect yourself and your organisation by establishing full safety compliance in the workplace.
Does the course date, time, or location not work for your organisation? We’re flexible, we can bring the training directly to your facility through an in-house or bespoke offering. Contact our training team today to arrange for this training to take place at a time, place, and/or location that is most convenient for you.