May 29, 2018 from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
The Preference Rules of Origin, although complex, are essential to understand as the country in which a product is made can affect the import duty that is applicable – something which can impact upon both importer and exporter.
This afternoon course will ensure that your team knows the rules which govern origin thereby ensuring that your goods are not detained nor delayed at Customs borders due to incorrect declaration of origin and is BCC accredited, qualifying for the BCC Foundation certificate programme. Delegates wishing to receive a BCC Certificate will be given a short assessment at the end of the course.
Delegates on This Course Will:
- 1. Have an understanding of the difference between Preference and Non-Preference Origin.
- 1.1 Know what are the different types of Origin.
- 1.2 Know what is meant by Non Preference, Preference and Free Circulation.
- 2. Have an understanding of the rules determining preference rules of origin.
- 2.1 Know why a Certificate of Origin is needed.
- 2.2 Know why “The Tariff” is so important.
- 2.3 Understand what is special about the agreement with Turkey.
- 3. Have an understanding of the percentage rule and how to apply it.
- 3.1 What is the percentage rule
- 3.2 What is the Transformation Rule
International Trade rules and procedures are complex, and one single mistake can cost thousands of pounds yet can be avoided by sending your team on this course which is beneficial to any personnel preparing export or import documentation, dealing with customer queries, gathering of origin evidence etc.
This afternoon course is BCC Accredited from a registered and course-approved International Trade trainer and directly follows “Export Documentation” which runs prior to this course in the morning as part of a back-to-back International Trade offering.
There is an optional exam (open book) at the end of the course, this is marked by the British Chamber of Commerce (BCC) and gives a certificate of competence. These exams (on passing 6 subjects) will lead to a BCC Foundation Award in International Trade which is mapped to a Level 2 SVQ terminology and provides invaluable basic skills for small and large companies alike.
Does this course location/date/time not work for your organisation? We’re flexible, allow us to bring the training to your facility via in-house or bespoke courses. Contact us to arrange for a location, date, or time that is most convenient to you!