January 17, 2018 from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
Bring out the very best in any employee no matter their temperament or type by identifying the various personalities you are dealing with along with the common strengths and weaknesses associated with that personality type. Learn to utilise the appropriate approach necessary to engage and motivate them to work together, better whether they are a star, a steady, or a slacker!
This half day open course includes the key principles of effective employee engagement, and poses the following questions:
- How do you achieve the discretionary effort from various employees which is so vital for excellent customer service and productivity?
- What factors for each type need to be taken into account?
- Why do some programmes fail to engage various employees?
- How can you turn around apathetic or cynical employees
These questions and more will be answered in this workshop. Practical examples will be included, together with different types of involvement strategies and reference to best practice programmes and case studies
Delegates Will Gain The Following:
- Understanding the key foundations of an effective employee engagement strategy
- How to adopt appropriate techniques for employee motivation and engagement
- Best practice programmes from a range of organisations
- Understanding that company values and culture are critical and must be backed up with complete consistency in practices, policies and behaviours every day
- Recognising the need for other HR policies to support the employee engagement programme, such as recruitment, induction, reviews and reward
- Developing the confidence to implement an effective employee engagement programme
Searching, acquiring, and keeping talented staff can be costly. This half-day course provides all levels of Management, HR Professionals, and Personnel Managers with tools and techniques to get the most value from your organisation’s most costly and valuable investment: your employees!
This half-day course will run in the morning prior to a “back-to-back” offering with “Dynamic Leadership Skills” which is designed to provide current managers with the necessary skills to become inspiring leaders. The first step is up to you – book your place today.
About The Trainer:
Alan Slater is a member of The Association for Coaching and a member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development and was an associate of The Manufacturing Advisory Service for many years. He is a member of the Business Consultancy Network – www.bcn.org.uk and possesses a PhD from Manchester University. His presentation style is creative and fun while deeply informative.
Does this course location/date/time not work for your organisation? We’re flexible, allow us to bring the training directly to your facility through in-house or bespoke courses. Contact us to arrange a location, date, or time that is most convenient to you!