November 24, 2020 from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
This Emotional Intelligence training course provides the ability to identify, use, understand, and manage emotions in positive way for managers of all levels to relieve stress, communicate effectively, empathise with their team, overcome challenges, and defuse conflict.
Better understand yourself and your staff by gaining management skills to be more self-aware and to manage your reactions better. Learn to assess others’ emotions more effectively and deal with them successfully for enhanced performance.
If you work within or manage teams – this morning emotional intelligence training course is ideal for you. Learn what makes others tick and how to better deal with them. You will be managing your team better than ever!
The Learning Objective of this Emotional Intelligence Course are for delegates to:
- Gain an understanding of the root aspects of Emotional Intelligence
- Learn of the “triune” brain and how it can either help or hinder
- Improve Existing Emotional Intelligence
- Receive Core Coaching Skills – Presence and Curiosity for Their Team
- The EI Coaching Model (practical exercises)
- How Goals Flow from Values to Action
- Listen to others without jumping to conclusions
- Accept personal accountability more readily
- Remain calm under pressure in themselves and maintain calm on their team
- Receive feedback and criticism in a productive and non-defensive manner
- Connect to the emotions that drive people’s behaviors
- Face difficult conversations while motivating and holding the team accountable
The course material is based on sound scientific research which has been proven to work in world-class organisations. It is fun, engaging, informative and easy to understand the basic principles.
“Because of the furious pace of change in business today, difficult to manage relationships sabotage more business than anything else – it is not a question of strategy that gets managers and leaders into trouble, it is a question of emotions.” – John Kotter, Harvard Business School.
Who Benefits From This Course:
The morning emotional intelligence training course is designed for professionals, managers, leaders and those aspiring to be in positions of influence and will precede “Managing Better: Using Neuroscience” which follows in the afternoon as part of a back-to-back Management Training offering.
Chamber Training Centre
1 Lockheed Court
Amy Johnson Way
Blackpool, FY4 2RN
The Chamber will run this course three times in 2020. However, you can arrange to have this training onsite at your facility on a date and time that is most convenient to your team. Contact us to discuss a bespoke or on-site offering today.