It is important to establish good business relationships with agents and distributors to ensure they are working to increase sales and vitally important are the agreements and contracts produce to ensure your company is trading safely. Understanding the differences between agents and distributors and their advantages and disadvantages can help protect your company.
Key learning objectives and outcomes:
• Why a business might appoint an Agent or Distributor
• What is an Agent?
• The advantages and disadvantages of an Agent
• What is a Distributor?
• The advantages and disadvantages of a Distributor
• Considerations when appointing an Agent or Distributor
• Types of Agent and Distributor Agreement and issues to consider
• Legal considerations
This course is BCC Accredited. You will be awarded the Full BCC Foundation Award in International Trade when you complete 6 of these courses