November 13, 2020 from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
This course provides an important overview of mental health conditions along with the essentials of how to spot common mental health conditions, so that staff can help others in the workplace whether colleagues or clients.
Delegates will also receive helpful techniques on approaching difficult conversations along with professional and personal in-depth conversations structured to offer support.
The second part of this afternoon course, works to increase knowledge and awareness of approaches to maintaining a healthy mind with insight on potential changes or tweaks that can be done to help delegates look after their own and others mental health and wellness in the workplace.
This Mental Health Awareness course is designed to:
- Increase your understanding of what mental health is
- Tackle the negative stigma of mental health and works on challenging your own perceptions
- Increase your understanding of how to spot signs of mental health conditions
- Provide information on where to get help
- Share advice on starting a conversation and encourages discussion
- Cover and allows you to practice effective questioning and listening skills
- Highlight the benefits of talking and communication
- Build your knowledge of what affects the brain and body
- Give tips on how best to balance and control it, to help you look after your own mental health and well-being
- Encourage delegates to create their own action plan that they can work on following the programme either for themselves or to implement in their workplace
Who is this Mental Health Awareness course for?
- This interactive half day programme is good for both new and experienced managers and leaders of people to equip them with more knowledge of how to help themselves or others.
- Those responsible for the well-being of staff.
- For individuals who want to learn more about their own mental health and potentially how to help others.
This afternoon course directly follows the “Stress Management Skills in the Workplace” session which precedes it in the morning as part of a back-to-back course Health & Wellness offering from the Chamber.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided and delegates will be awarded the Chamber of Commerce Certificate of Completion at the conclusion of this course.
Chamber Training Centre
1 Lockheed Court
Amy Johnson Way
Blackpool, FY4 2RN
The Chamber will run this course three times in 2020. However, you can arrange to have this training onsite at your facility on a date and time that is most convenient to your team. Contact us to discuss a bespoke or on-site offering today.