June 7, 2017 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Learn fire safety standards and regulations in the workplace and the need for fire risk assessments and how to complete them. Discover the nature of fire and its progression, the hazards and risks associated with it and the control measures that all organisations must have in place to ensure the safety of staff and clients alike.
This course will show you how these measures can be put into everyday practice, and will introduce the position of the nominated fire warden and their role. Delegates gaining this qualification will know that fire safety is the responsibility of everyone in the workplace and will recognise the consequences of a fire in any premises.
Aims: To increase the delegate’s knowledge and understanding of fire awareness within their workplace role, identify their role in fire prevention and role as nominated Fire Warden.
Objectives: Students will be able to Identify & describe;
- Fire Safety Standard
- Fire risk assessments
- Fire Extinguishers and there use
- Emergency lighting
- Exit signs
- The nature of fires in the workplace
- The hazards and risks associated with fire in the workplace
- How fire risk is controlled in the workplace
- The principles and practice of fire safety management at work
- How to protect people and property
- The role of the nominated fire warden
- Workplace incident command and control
- Liaising with emergency services on site
Program Duration – 1 Day
The Fire Marshall programme is crucial to those who need to be fully qualified and compliant with Fire Marshal rules and regulations.