November 12, 2020 from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
This assertiveness training course will show you how to seek solutions and agreements by being authentic and expressing yourself clearly whilst also respecting and taking into consideration, other people’s views and opinions.
During the session you will learn how to harmonise problems and frustrations, state your needs simply and clearly and prevent work overload, by discussing and agreeing realistic works schedules and sustain healthy and productive work relationships.
Often people mistake being assertive with being ‘pushy’ or ‘aggressive’ in the language that they use or the way they put forward their point of view. This assertiveness training course will show you techniques to communicate your message whilst remaining positive and open to others view points and concerns.
Assertiveness skills and effective communication are essential for developing strong relationships which in turn encourage people to be creative, sustain their productivity and achieve their goals in a balanced and healthy way.
Delegates Will Learn To:
- Investigate why frustrating and challenging behaviour occurs
- Explore different types of behaviour – assertive, passive and aggressive
- Gain insight and take responsibility for your behaviour
- Convey congruent and coherent messages
- State your needs simply and clearly
- Discuss and agree realistic work schedules
- Sustain healthy and productive work relationships
- Develop your listening, understanding, observing and questioning abilities
- Gain co-operation and commitment from others
- Make requests and respond constructively to requests
- Say ‘no’ and survive the day
- Develop an action plan and ways to sustain your learning
This assertiveness training course is essential for anyone who wishes to embrace and apply assertiveness skills in the workplace to develop more productive relationships with colleagues and clients.
This morning session will be followed by “Managing Conflict Effectively” which runs in the afternoon as part of a back-to-back Communications/Leadership & Management offering by the Chamber. Lunch and refreshments will be provided and delegates will be awarded a Chamber of Commerce Certificate of Completion at the conclusion of this session.
Chamber Training Centre
1 Lockheed Court
Amy Johnson Way
Blackpool, FY4 2RN
The Chamber will run this course three times in 2020. However, you can arrange to have this training onsite at your facility on a date and time that is most convenient to your team. Contact us to discuss a bespoke or on-site offering today.