March 24, 2021 from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
This tax course for business will provide a proper grasp of tax and accounting systems for small business owners, entrepreneurs, employed people, department managers, start up businesses, sole traders and anyone either in business already or thinking about starting with a view to remaining tax compliant.
Choose the right structure for your business and know exactly how that choice impacts your record keeping, accounting systems and taxation. This tax course for business will cover the main taxes that impact on individuals and businesses and will guide you through the maze of rules and laws that are in force.
Delegates Will Learn:
- The advantages of different types of business structure and whether you should start a limited company
- How business owners can pay themselves in different business structures
- What expenses you can claim
- The basics of Pay as You Earn and National Insurance
- Why pension schemes are valuable
- When to register for VAT (if at all)
- The mechanics of VAT, including some VAT schemes designed to make VAT simpler
- How to prepare for Making Tax Digital
- The principles of Corporation Tax
- How Research & Development can turn £1 into £2.30 and reduce Corporation Tax
- How exploiting a patent can reduce Corporation Tax to 10%
- Key dates in the tax calendar
- Module 1: Business structures
- Module: Salary/dividends/Expenses, PAYE
- Module: Value Added Tax
- Module: Making Tax Digital
- Module: Corporation Tax
- Module: Where to get help
This course aims to provide the essentials of taxation from a business point of view. Despite being a Chartered Management Accountant, the presenter will explain all concepts in English and without jargon.
The course is a way to learn about the basics of business and tax in a relaxed atmosphere. No prior tax knowledge is assumed. The session will equip you with the basic tools to make informed decisions on your business so that you can plan with confidence.