Getting support in work if you have a disability or health condition – Access to Work
If you are disabled or have a physical or mental health condition that makes it hard for you to do your job, you can:
- Talk to your employer about changes they must make in your workplace and discuss reasonable adjustments before you apply for Access to Work.
- Get extra help from Access to Work, including mental health support.
- Claro Software develops Assistive Technology, software for people with disabilities such as print and reading difficulties like dyslexia, to help them achieve all they can.
‘ClaroRead Workplace Edition’ provides our top-of-the-range software for anyone getting Access to Work support. ClaroRead is great for anyone with dyslexia, with visual stress or with stress and mental health issues who needs help keeping on top of their workload.
How Access to Work can help
The UK Access to Work (AtW) scheme supports employers providing Assistive Technology like ClaroRead to members of staff. Through the Department of Work and Pensions you can get funding to help buy software and training.
- As an employer you have a legal duty to make reasonable adjustments for people with disabilities, such as dyslexia. Part of these reasonable adjustments can be the provision of software like ClaroRead to your employees, so that they are better able to do their job efficiently and well.
- As an employee you can get software to help you with your reading and writing. Our programs can read out Microsoft Word, Outlook, PDF files and web pages. We can also tint the screen for you, so it is easier to read. It is all simple and reliable so you can trust it to help.
- ClaroRead is designed to be straightforward to deploy and support by your IT staff and works perfectly with Dragon from Nuance for speech recognition and screen readers for people with visual disabilities. It fits with your existing IT infrastructure easily and without hassles: you can install and run multiple pieces of AT software alongside ClaroRead.
- ClaroRead Word uses the latest Office 365 technologies to bring our world-class text-to-speech, spellchecking, prediction, and usability tools to anyone using Microsoft Word through your Office 365 subscription on Windows, Mac, iPad, Chromebook or office.com Web Apps. ClaroRead Word is included in any Claro Annual subscription.
If you would like more information, then please contact: Ged.email@example.com