The North & Western Lancashire Chamber of Commerce has over 1,600 members and works closely with all areas of the business community offering a wide range of services in order to support and assist our members in their drive towards enterprise and success.
A fantastic opportunity has become available to work for this leading Chamber of Commerce as our Membership Account Manager. You will be responsible for managing our membership retention programme, which will involve contacting Chamber members and arranging retention appointments across the North & Western Lancashire area.
We are looking for somebody with a strong commitment to customer service and the ability to communicate with people at all levels of business, particularly those at senior level. A good understanding of business issues and the role of Chambers of Commerce will be an advantage, as would previous experience in a sales or customer facing role.
The role will suit somebody that enjoys working without direct supervision and can use their own initiative in order to solve problems and help our members. Working for the Chamber of Commerce offers you an opportunity to engage with businesses of all sizes across Lancashire and it is important that you can adopt a flexible approach to meet the needs of our customers and support the full range of services provided by the Chamber.
- Manage members accounts & queries
- Efficient handling of membership renewals
- Responding to membership sales enquiries and leads
- Liaising regularly with the Membership Director
- Create welcome packs and membership accounts for new members
- Management of CRM systems and other databases to ensure accurate reporting
- Conduct membership retention visits according to an agreed target
- Develop new business relationships and negotiate new income for the North & Western Lancashire Chamber of Commerce.
- Support the credit controller in collecting any outstanding membership subscriptions.
- Present the Chamber to members through face to face meetings, telephone calls, emails and group meetings
- Respond to any customer complaints
- Attend a mixture of networking events/exhibitions/industry events to generate leads, for the membership team