NORTH & WESTERN LANCASHIRE
Working from the Preston office (PR2) and Fylde Coast office (FY4), Lancashire
£20,000 per annum plus generous commission and team bonus
North Western Lancashire Chamber of Commerce
The North & Western Lancashire Chamber of Commerce has over 1,600 members and works closely with all areas of the business community offering a wide range of services in order to support and assist our members in their drive towards enterprise and success.
We are looking to recruit a dynamic, highly motivated sales person to our team who can engage with people at all levels of business, particularly those at senior level in larger employers.
A good understanding of business issues and the role of Chambers of Commerce will be an advantage, as would a proven record in a membership or B2B sales environment.
You will be responsible for growing the Chamber’s membership base across its region with a particular focus on developing relationships with larger businesses, as well as generating and negotiating new income for the Chamber of Commerce.
Although you will work closely with other departments, the ability to work without direct supervision and use your own initiative will be crucial. Given the nature of the job you must also have a flexible approach and be willing to work outside normal office hours as required.
Applicants must also be qualified to drive and possess their own vehicle. A basic salary of £20,000 P.A. is available with OTE earnings expected to be in the region of £35,000 + a share of the team bonus.
- The recruitment of Advanced, Premium and Patron members to the North & Western Lancashire Chamber of Commerce to an agreed monthly target and budget.
- Working with team members in developing marketing and promotional campaigns.
- Presenting the Chamber to potential members through direct communication in face to face meetings, telephone calls, emails and group meetings.
- Responsible for achieving lead generation and appointment setting.
- Actively and successfully manage the sales process: lead generation; credentials pitch; asking questions; solution, pitch; negotiation; close.
- Generate, respond to, and follow up sales enquiries by post, email, telephone, and personal visits.
- Responsible for credit control for any outstanding membership subscriptions in accordance with company procedures.
- Attending a mixture of networking events/exhibitions/industry events and trade shows to generate leads, appointments and new members.
- Keep abreast of business issues, collect competitor intelligence and ensure the Chamber remains proactive and responsive to prospective members.
- Plan and prioritise personal sales activities and productivity to ensure best use of management time.
The closing date for applications is Monday 9th March – interviews with appropriate candidates take place leading up to the closing date.
Email your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com