The Chamber has an ongoing commitment to provide members with a range of benefits that offer real value to their business. Without doubt, services that help protect members are very important and this is why we have invested in ChamberHR and Chamber Legal Expenses Insurance for many years, two services which have been highly valued by members.
In 2016 the British Chambers of Commerce undertook a full procurement exercise to review the scope of the service, to ascertain whether it would be possible to offer a more integrated service and to identify the most suitable partner to deliver these services.
We are delighted to announce that as of Monday 11th September our Chamber will adopt the new British Chambers of Commerce national scheme to provide ChamberHR and Chamber Legal Expenses Insurance; giving members access to a wider range of services that will allow them to derive even more value from their Chamber membership.
We are also pleased to confirm that these new and improved services will continue to be provided by our current ChamberHR partners at Qdos, ensuring a disruption-free transition to the new service provision and very little change in how you access the services.
Members will now have access to four key services;
- ChamberHR – advice line, website and legal expenses cover for employment disputes
- ChamberLegal – advice line, website and legal expenses insurance for data protection, property disputes and more
- ChamberH&S – advice line, website and legal expenses insurance cover to defend HSE prosecutions
- ChamberTax – advice lines for taxation and VAT plus legal expenses insurance cover to defend HMRC investigations
These services are all underpinned by Chamber Legal Expenses Insurance, which provides cover across 11 different sections up to £100,000 per claim and £1,000,000 in the annual aggregate.
All these services are integrated and delivered directly by Qdos. From a member perspective access couldn’t be easier;
- One phone number – 01455 852037 (the current ChamberHR number) for access to all advice line services. The HR and legal lines are available 24/7, 365 days a year.
- One website – use the same log in details as before. The website features a document library with over 750 free downloadable template documents covering employment, health & safety and legal matters
Steve Charles, Head of Business Partnerships at Qdos said; “We were delighted to be selected by the BCC to be the national partner for the UK network. We know these services can really help members and with the expanded range of services we are now able to provide we can say with confidence that we have a service for ALL members”.
Babs Murphy, CEO of the North & Western Lancashire Chamber said; “ The Chamber is thrilled to be able to offer this expanded and integrated service which we believe will genuinely protect our members and give them peace of mind in these challenging times. I encourage all members to use these premium quality services”.