HMRC Customs Declaration Training Workshop
June 30, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Businesses that import or export goods will need to prepare for the new service for declaring these goods.
HMRC began a phased launch of the Customs Declaration Service in August 2019. CDS will eventually replace the existing Customs Handling of Import and Export Freight (CHIEF) system, with all declarations taking place on CDS from late 2020, according to HMRC schedules.
How this will affect importers and exporters?
If a trader imports or exports goods outside the EU, they or their agent will be currently using CHIEF to:
- process declarations for goods entering and leaving the UK or EU through ports and airports.
- calculate and pay the correct duty and taxes.
- complete customs information electronically.
Our training will highlight what you need to know to be able to accurately complete a simple customs declaration.
Course content is based on the following topics:
- Why we need Declarations ? – Who completes Declarations ?
- The C88 SAD Document – The Responsibility of the Importer
- The E2 Entry Acceptance Advice – The Responsibility of the Exporter
- The NES Export Declaration – The Responsibility of the Clearing Agent
- The importance of Declarations – Consignor details
- How information is submitted to HMRC ?
- Consignee details – Functions of the Import Declaration
- Declarant’s VAT/EORI – Numbers/Weights
- Quantities & Measurements – Description of Goods
- Commodity Codes – Import Duty Customs Procedure Codes
- Import VAT Box 44 (Additional Information) – Supporting Documentation
- Breakdown of Dutiable Costs – Accuracy and Compliance
Chambers members £350 + VAT
Global members £250 + VAT
Non-members £500 + VAT
To register, contact: email@example.com or call 01772 706589