July 9, 2019 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Create a website for your organisation, or properly edit and maintain the one you have in the user-friendly website software called WordPress. On this course you’ll learn how to set up, and maintain your WordPress site while avoiding a few of the common pitfalls that go along with an untrained approach to this platform.
Many businesses large and small have discovered the simplistic approach and effective power of WordPress and with over 25% of websites on the entire internet being powered by WordPress, it is important to ensure your business is using it properly for potential customers searching on Google.
WordPress Essentials for Business is a full day course designed for anyone in business who is tasked with adding, editing, or updating the company WordPress website. You can learn to build and/or take proper care of your website without outside help, with this course!
This intensive and valuable session on WordPress will cover;
- Introduction to WordPress, what it is, where it came from and where it is going
- Overview of the anatomy of a WordPress website including Themes, Plugins, Headers, Sidebars, Footers and Widgets
- Responsive Website Design, designing your website to work seamlessly on mobiles, tablets, laptops and computers.
- Overview of the WordPress dashboard, getting to know your way around
- Understanding WordPress terminology including Posts, Pages, Permalinks etc
- Publishing your first blog post or page in seconds
- Adding Menus to your WordPress website
- Using WordPress Themes for customising the look and feel of your WordPress website.
- Using WordPress Plugins for adding robust management and visitor features to your website.
- How to manage your WordPress backups and the core layers of backups needed to stay safe
With this course you will be fully equipped to start, maintain, and optimise your company website to take full advantage of the exponentially-growing number of product and service searches via Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
Does the location/date/time of this course not work for your organisation? We’re flexible, contact us about bringing the training to your facility through in-house or bespoke courses at a date and time that is most convenient to you!