October 26, 2018 from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
This half day intensive and practical programme is designed to ensure that goods are imported both cost-effectively and legally. The course is suitable for all key people involved in importing, including purchasing, finance and operations departments, finance, and operations departments
This course is ideal for all organisations looking to buy supplies and/or products from overseas markets to resell or manufacture here in the UK. This course is BCC accredited and qualifies for the BCC Foundation certificate programme. Delegates wishing to receive a BCC Certificate will be given a short assessment at the end of the course.
Learning Outcomes – Delegates Will:
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of import documentation and procedures
- Produce the appropriate instruction sheet required to expedite the import.
- Describe import clearance documents.
- List record keeping requirements to comply with customs regulations.
- Be able to identify where to go for sources of international information and assistance.
- Describe HMRC import regimes and penalties.
- Describe tariffs and duty rates.
- Be able to comply with customs procedures.
- Describe import clearance procedures and customs regimes as appropriate including temporary imports, IPR, OPR, bonded warehousing etc.
Learn the key elements of Importing
- Sources of information and Legal requirements for importing
- Import Licenses and Product Classification – Tariff/Commodity Codes
- Methods of Payment & VAT
- Documentary Credits and Collections
- Delivery of the Goods and The Import Route
- Freight Forwarders
- Incoterms 2010
- Insurance and Documentation
- Import Documents – Content and Reasons
- Shipping Documents and Customs Compliance
- Paying duties and Paying VAT
- Relief Schemes – IPR, OPR
- PCC (Processing under Customs Control)
- Keeping statistical records
- SAD C88 Form and MSS (Management Support Systems) Reports
International Trade rules and procedures are complex, and one single mistake can cost thousands of pounds which can be avoided by this course. This course is BCC and CPD Accredited from a registered and course-approved International Trade trainer.
This morning course precedes the “Brexit Preparedness for International Trade” which follows in the afternoon as part of a back-to-back International Trade offering.
Does this course location/date/time not work for your organisation? We’re flexible, allow us to bring the training to your facility via in-house or bespoke courses. Contact us to arrange for a location, date, or time that is most convenient to you!