November 19, 2019 from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
This half-day course is a “Beyond The Basics” course for those who either have the “Fundamentals of Finance” down already or have taken our Finance for Business Level 1: Fundamentals course. This is an additional offering to the Financial Fitness programme of the Chamber, and is designed to deliver next level financial tools and techniques with a FUN spin on business finance.
This afternoon course directly follows the “Finance Fundamentals for Business” course which takes place in the morning as part of a Finance Management back-to-back offering.
Who will benefit from this workshop?
- Managers and business leaders who have (or will in the future) responsibility for managing some costs.
- Non-financial advisors who talk to businesses about business plans and prepare justifications for funding or grants, and so need to understand the fundamentals of where the relevant information is found.
- Anyone involved in managing costs and predicting the future development of those costs
As a result of participating in this workshop, delegates will learn:
- Which costs are fixed and which are variable
- How to calculate breakeven
- How to control different types of costs
- The principles of pricing and mark-ups
- How to prepare a budget or forecast
About the workshop
The workshop is presented by the animated, entertaining, and intellectual – Ian Ross. This finance course will be presented without jargon and without PowerPoint. Previous delegates have commented: “very clear and easy to understand”, “fun, interactive and thought-provoking”
This afternoon course follows directly after the morning session “Finance Fundamentals” and is the second in the Financial Fitness programme. The principles of profit and loss account, balance sheets and cash flow are covered in the Level 1 course. If you understand these already, then the Level 2 course is a good place to start!
Does this course time/date/location not work for your organisation? We’re flexible, we can bring the training directly to your facility through in-house or bespoke courses. Contact us today to set up a training session at a date, time, and location that is most convenient to you.