January 17, 2018 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
This Level 2 First Aid course gives an increased knowledge and understanding of First Aid Standards and regulations in the workplace, while enabling delegates to carry out their role as the Nominated First aid in the workplace.
The Programme covers Cross infection, the use of basic equipment, Reporting and recording, Incident management, how to deal with life threatening conditions as with non-breathing adult casualty and an unconscious casualty who is suffering from a seizure. How to recognise and treat a casualty who is bleeding and /or in shock. How to effective deal with a choking casualty and minor illness and injuries in the students’ workplace.
This Level 2 course can be taken as Day 1 of our Level 3 three-day course. The final two days for the Level 3 are 12th and 13th October.
Delegates will be aware of and be able to carry out their role as Emergency First Aider in their workplace
On completion of training, all successful delegates will be able to:
- Explain their understanding of the role of the first aider including reference to the use of available equipment and the need for recording incidences and actions in line with employers policy and procedures
- Explain the importance of basic hygiene in first aid procedures
- Demonstrate how to assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Demonstrate how to administer first aid safely, promptly and effectively to a casualty who is unconscious and/or in a seizure
- Demonstrate how to administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), promptly and effectively on an adult casualty and the correct application of an AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
- Demonstrate how to administer first aid safely, promptly, and effectively to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding and/or in shock
- Demonstrate how to administer first aid safely, promptly and effectively to a casualty who is choking
- Demonstrate how to administer /provide safe, prompt and effective first aid treatment for a casualty who is suffering from minor injuries in the workplace
- Some delegates will be able to: Take a pulse
This course is accredited by FAIB but can be accredited by Qualsafe awards for a small extra fee depending on your needs. Please let us know if you want it to be accredited by Qualsafe when booking.
Trainers will use continuous assessment to evaluate candidates to determine a student’s ability to act safely, promptly and effectively when an emergency occurs at work and/or have to deal with a casualty.This course is delivered in line with Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 and teaching was delivered in accordance with currently accepted first aid practices.