June 13, 2019 from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
This assertiveness course will show you how to seek solutions and agreements by being authentic and expressing yourself clearly whilst also respecting and taking into consideration, other people’s views and opinions.
During the session you will learn how to harmonise problems and frustrations, state your needs simply and clearly and prevent work overload, by discussing and agreeing realistic works schedules and sustain healthy and productive work relationships.
Often people mistake being assertive with being ‘pushy’ or ‘aggressive’ in the language that they use or the way they put forward their point of view. This assertiveness training course will show you techniques to communicate your message whilst remaining positive and open to others view points and concerns.
Using positive assertive communication techniques will help you to persuade others to see your point of view whilst maintaining productive and positive relationships with others.
Assertiveness skills and effective communication are essential for developing strong relationships which in turn encourage people to be creative, sustain their productivity and achieve their goals in a balanced and healthy way.
Delegates Will Learn To:
- Investigate why frustrating and challenging behaviour occurs
- Explore different types of behaviour – assertive, passive and aggressive
- Gain insight and take responsibility for your behaviour
- Convey congruent and coherent messages
- State your needs simply and clearly
- Discuss and agree realistic work schedules
- Sustain healthy and productive work relationships
- Develop your listening, understanding, observing and questioning abilities
- Gain co-operation and commitment from others
- Make requests and respond constructively to requests
- Say ‘no’ and survive the day
- Develop an action plan and ways to sustain your learning
This assertiveness training course is essential for anyone who wishes to embrace and apply assertiveness skills in the workplace to develop more productive relationships with colleagues and clients. This is a morning session that directly precedes the “Effective Decision Making & Problem Solving” course which follows in the afternoon as part of a Leadership & Development training offering.
Does the location/date/time of this course not work for your organisation? We’re flexible, contact us about bringing the training to your facility through in-house or bespoke courses at a date and time that is most convenient to you!